Luxury Lodge Accommodation on the West Coast of New Zealand's South Island...
Purpose-built on the edge of a glacial terrace, Birds Ferry Lodge overlooks native forest in the valley below and the Tasman Sea beyond. The Lodge is the centre piece of our 33 acre property which you are welcome to explore.
Midway between the Glacier Country in the South and the Northern areas of the South Island, this luxury lodge is the perfect spot to break your journey along the West Coast.
On arrival you will enjoy a warm welcome from your hosts Alison and Andre, then peace seclusion and relaxation awaits you.
Bed & Breakfast guests enjoy the spacious guest lounge. Comfy leather upholstery and a roaring log fire in front of the huge windows where you can take in the view out to the ocean and the Totara Valley below.
Enjoy a welcome refreshment on arrival accompanied by some of Alison's home baking or a pre-dinner aperitif from the house bar.
Dinners are our specialty so be sure to book!
The library is stocked with a selection of magazines and books with something to interest most. There is also a supply of board games and puzzles for a day indoors.
The semi-remote, rural location close to Westport means that the wildlife is in abundance. The native Weka visits the garden and at night the call of the Kiwi has been heard from the Lodge. Wild deer have been spotted from the deck and whilst enjoying the spa after dark guests are kept company by our local Common Owl who rests on the back of the chair right beside them! Tui and Bell birds visit the well-stocked bird table.
Birds Ferry Lodge has 4.5 Qualmark stars which means that this luxury West Coast lodge accommodation has been independently assessed as 'Excellent'. We are currently Number one on Tripadvisor in this area and we are recommended in both 'Fodors' and 'Rough Guide' to New Zealand.
"Excellent location: close enough to towns, restaurants and sight but also far enough to be surrounded by nature and completely undisturbed by any cars, noise or city lights. A big thank you to Andre for taking us on tours off the beaten track to hidden spots with great views without any other tourists. Thank you Alison for the delicious homecooked meals and vegetables straight from the garden. We'll be back soon!" Ian - South Africa
The Lodge Tariff includes:
- Full cooked breakfast
- Both rooms have fridges and tea making facilities
- Unlimited use of heated spa at no extra charge.
- Highspeed wireless internet, first 50mb is free
- Complimentary use of guest computer in lounge
- Private Access onto deck with outdoor seating area
- All rooms have En Suite facilities,with full size baths
- Complimentary load of laundry per night of stay
- Luxury hand made toiletries from Marlborough
- Decadent monogrammed fluffy bathrobes
- Heated towel rails in bathrooms, and radiators in bedrooms
- Dual control Electric Blankets
- Quality beds, mattresses and linens for a comfortable sleep
- All rooms have screened windows
- Complimentary hot and cold non-alcoholic refreshments
- Room darkening drapes over large windows
- All rooms have sea and/or mountain views
- Private access to the deck
Click here to go to the Lodge Rooms Page
|Birds Ferry Lodge
Birds Ferry Road - RD2 Westport - 7892 New Zealand
Free phonewithin New Zealand (only bookings) 0800 212 207
All other enquiries on +64 3 429 1604