Luxurious | Self-Contained | Cottage | near Punakaiki | West Coast NZ
Ferryman's Cottage - a luxurious rural retreat, Family and Pet Friendly...
It is the perfect spot for a romantic weekend or mini break or a family holiday. Located on the edge of a small Lake, 2 km from the highway and, with native Wekas, Pukekos and wild ducks as neighbours this is a most peaceful spot. The rare Kiwi can be heard at night here.
The luxurious bach (cottage) is finished to a very high standard and designed to take in the panoramic mountain and ocean views. All the luxury touches of Birds Ferry Lodge but with a fully equipped kitchen in your own very private setting.
There are two large bedrooms, 1 x four-poster Queen, and 1 x Superking which splits to be 2 singles.
There is a sleep sofa in the lounge.
Cot and high chair are available as well as a wide selection of indoor and outdoor games plus DVD's.
The cottage is very cosy and warm at all times of the year - the bedrooms have oil filled radiators, electric blankets, the bathroom has underfloor heating and there is a 'Metro' wood burner in the lounge which packs a punch!
Tariff includes gourmet breakfast hamper. WIFI now with boosted signal for Blackberry, Ipad and Iphone.
The cottage has decks and outdoor furniture back and front meaning you can enjoy the sunshine at any time of the day. By the front deck there are TWIN OUTDOOR GARDEN BATHS with hot running water (One for you and one for your significant other - how romantic is that!) from where you can watch the sun go down in spectacular fashion with a glass of bubbles perhaps.
The Cottage Tariff includes:
- Gourmet Hamper of locally produced and/or homegrown breakfast supplies, manuka smoked bacon, free range eggs, greek yogurt, homemade muesli and jam, fruit juice, seasonal fruit bowl, freshly baked bread, organic fair trade coffee beans
- 2 spacious bedrooms. One of them with 1 queen four poster. The other one with a superking double bed which can be split to become 2 single beds
- Wifi, first 50mb is free
- Garden Bath with hot piped water.
- Fully equipped kitchen and laundry facility.
- TV, DVD (with NZ DVDs), CD player,Ipod Dock magazines and games
- Exclusive use of a 12 acre section including extensive landscaped gardens
- A modern fully tiled bathroom with a shower and a bath. Under floor heating adds that luxury touch...
- Large towels and luxury hand made toiletries from Marlborough. Hairdryer and heating throughout
- An aunlimited supply of hot water
- Quality linens, feather/wool duvets, dual control electric blankets
- Cot & Highchair
Ferry Man's Cottage is named after Mr William Bird who operated a ferry across the Totara River during the gold mining years around 1869. This is a great base from which to explore the local gold mining history for which Charleston is world famous..
2 night minimum stay on Friday and Saturdays. Ferry Mans Cottage is not assessed by Qualmark as Guest & Hosted accommodation
Birds Ferry Road, between Punakaiki and Westport RD2 Westport – 7865 – New Zealand’s West Coast